Cute Science Experiments On Static Electricity:
Before we attempt any experiment based on static electricity, we need to understand what does the term “static electricity” actually means. Each and every object is made up of very tiny little particle known as atom. Atom is neutral in charge however it contains protons (positive charge) and electron (negatively charged) components in it.
When two things are rubbed then the electron tend to move from one atom to other and making then more positively charged or more negatively charged. They will be rearranged from their original arrangement and they separate from each other depending on their like charges and unlike charges. When these charges are separated then they are known as “static electricity”.
Experiment on static electricity:
1) As we move about in doing a science experiments on static electricity we can illustrate their action with simple example. Rub the comb nicely on your head and take it near a paper, you can see some movement in the paper which is due to static electricity.
2) Sticking the balloons onto to some objects, controlling the action of the cling with static electricity and bending the movement water with the use of static electricity are interesting science experiments on static electricity.
3) Movement of foil in a container with the rub of ball is an experiment with the use of static electricity.
• Take a bottle with the lid. Make a center hole in the lid and attach the steel metal wire onto it.
• On the other end of the pin attach the paper clip. Cut two thin silver foils with even length. Attach the foils on the paper clip.
• Take a ball or a balloon and rub them gently against the head and place it on top of the wire without making any direct contact with the wire.
• Now you will observe the movement of foil due to the pass of charge which tend them to move apart.